Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rocket Ship Rapture

Rocket ship rapture

Over the intercom

Captain Jesus

Points out universe wonders

We soar high, shooting past

Planets, stars and galaxies

Pulsating and huge

Suspended, reflecting His glory

Heard throughout are gasps of delight,

Amazement, excitement and awe

As the Captain calls out each star by name


Rocket ship landing

In this space and place called heaven

Super dense and intense joy

So alive

An angel leads the way

Astonishment moves

Through the crowd

This is home


Buzzing excitement

Abruptly stops as

The angel opens wide

Throne Room Doors


All that I have seen

All that I have heard

All that I have felt…

Nothing compares

To the raw power

And beauty

Of His holiness

Of Him


Woe, woe,

Woe is me

I’m not worthy

Trembling from head to toe

Head bowed

Clothed in dirty rags

Stained beyond recognition

Realization

I come with nothing

Am nothing

Silence

He comes off the throne

And comes to me

A tender touch

Lifts my face

Our eyes connect

Mine spill over with tears of shame

His overflow with forgiving tenderness

With a gentle kiss on my cheek

My rags are transformed

Into a wedding dress....

____________________________________________


What stands out to me above all else in Kizzie’s beautiful vision is that He stepped off His throne for me, for you, for us.

The Creator of all, King of kings, put aside His crown, removed His royal robe, stepped off His throne, stepped outside of eternity and came and touched someone as filthy, and lowly as me. Was it only for rocket ship raptures? Universe tours? Dense and intense heavenly joys?


A stunning one-of-kind wedding dress?


This I-long-for-relationship-with-you God stepped down in order to call me His Daughter, Sister, Friend, Apple of His eye, Beloved. He stepped down to walk with me and talk with me and tell me that I am His own. He stepped down that I may know Him and make Him known.


~Rose Escudero

No comments:

Post a Comment